_technical support manager
+ Love talking to people and proactively solving issues?
+ Passionate about building out world-class, technical support teams?
+ Enjoy getting into customer satisfaction and service level metrics?
+ Geek out about automating, templating, or documenting recurring tasks?
If you said yes to all of these questions, then you’re the right person for newrow_. newrow_ is a growing video classroom platform startup based in New York City.
We are looking for a Technical Support Manager with a deep understanding of support teams, processes, and enabling technology.
You will be accountable for the team’s performance and customer satisfaction. You will also manage the recruitment, selection and retention of the team. You will also be hands on, providing shift coverage, mentorship, career development, motivation and coaching.
- Manage - manage the day-to-day success with your support team; measure performance of each team member and overall support service level.
- Coach - conduct one-on-one meetings with team members and provide job performanceand careers paths for each team member.
- Hire - build out the best support team possible to provide 24/7 support.
- Advocate - identify, escalate and advocate for recurring support problems or key customers until issues are fully resolved.
- Measure - create and manage to key performance dashboards that can be reported on weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Innovate - incorporate emerging best practices and technology into the support organization.
- Automate - drive projects that enable the support team to do more with the same resources.
_ Skills + Expertise
- Problem Solving - you make all the food fit in the fridge and close the door too
- Personable - you relate to others well and can always find common ground
- Career-oriented - you are excited at the prospect of growing with a company and taking on new responsibilities as you go
- Graceful - you are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails
- On top of tech - able to swiftly work your way through Zendesk, Zopim, Salesforce, and JIRA
- Humble Leader - able to hire, mentor and lead a team of technical support reps.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- Experience as a technical or support lead, supervisor, or manager
- Technical expertise with TCP/IP, RTMP, Flash, and Video Production Technology
- Direct experience with managing, coaching, and mentoring team members
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Experience with staffing, interviewing and team building
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Transportation and gym benefits
- Apple Equipment
- Central office location in NYC on Bryant Park
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org